Thursday, December 22, 2011

Nikki & Brian | Married! | Winona, MN Wedding & Portrait Photographer

happy almost Christmas :)
I seriously cannot believe that it is december 22nd!
maybe it is because it has been 40* lately and there is no snow.
although, I can safely say that I am UBER excited that the days will now be getting longer.
getting dark at 5pm makes me not a happy camper.

anyway, today I have Nikki & Brian on the blog!
these two were married on a lovely October afternoon in Winona, MN.
I was super excited when Nikki emailed me asking if I would photograph her wedding...
for a few reasons....
one, I would get to visit my little sister
two, I would get to see Nikki & catch up on life
and three, the Winona bluffs in fall = <3

ohhhemmmmgeeee. the fall colors were just starting to peak out.
ahhh...heaven. loved it.

Nikki & Brian had a small bridal party, ceremony and reception.
I have to say that I totally loved it!
don't get me wrong, lots of people are fun too..but there is just something so wonderful about only a handful of people witnessing the first moments of a newlywed's first day as husband and wife.
here are some of my favorites from their day:

 the church...i kind of love big churches like this
 i just loved Nikki's flowers! the green was so unique!
 deeeeetails :)

 husband & wife :)
 after the ceremony & family portraits we went to the lake in Winona...which has a backdrop of the bluffs. :)))))))

 <3 favorite
 THEN...oh man...THEN...the reception was at the Winona Historical Center.
umm...old brick building CHUCK FULL of old vintage things. ohhh it was probably my favorite venue. :) just sayin'

 the brick of outside gave us the perfect backdrop for some photos as the sun was setting

 Nikki made all of her table decorations and even had coffee cups for everyone to take home. it was such a cute touch! i love it when brides get all artsy-craftsy!
and one last photo :)

Nikki & Brian,
thank you for letting me be part of your day! it was so much fun to be with you as you joined your lives together! 

xoxo,
Maggie



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails