Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ketchup :)

Yes, that's right I'm calling this post Ketchup...mainly because its a catch-up post of everything that I have been doing the past few months! It has been a crazy couple of months. So....

1. I didn't really think that we would be all that busy with planning wedding stuff..but I was wrong. We have gone to see a number of different venues, met with a bunch of photographers and been to some bridal fairs. Its a lot of fun...but tiring. Good thing we only have to do this once! :)

2. Werk, Werk, Werk. (yes, I know...its spelt wrong...it reminds me of the country song "A Little Bit of Life" by Craig Morgen :D ) The reason behind the 3 "werks"...I have a full time job (werk #1), I have my business (werk #2) annnnnd we are remodeling our house (werk #3). Which I suppose I don't help all that much with the house (I'm really good at handing nails or screws over and getting tools, as long as the description is something easy for me to understand haha!).

3. Starting to get some things in place so that I can "brand" myself and get a new website/blog going :D yay! I'm so excited to be able to take my business to the next step!

and last, but most definitely not least...

4. The MJ 2 Day! This was by far the BEST 2 days of my business career! I learned SOOO much and met 12 amazing people! You can check out Melissa's recap of the MJ 2 Day here and here.

This is our group photo after the mock engagement shoot:
Photo courtesy of Melissa Jill

Day 1 we learned about shooting techniques, lighting, client interaction, posing, choosing locations, post-processing and off-camera flash. We also had a mock engagement shoot where we got to see first hand how Melissa uses most of the things we talked about earlier in the day.

Day 2 we learned about workflow, album design & sales, vendor relations, networking, blogging, client meetings, pricing, websites, branding & getting published.

It was a jam-packed 2 days, but soooo worth it. As I was flying home I jotted down 4-5 pages of notes about what I want to change, how I'm going to change it and when I want to change it by. I feel so lucky to have been a part of this and to be able to meet some really awesome people!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails