Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Carlie & Rory | Engaged | Sheboygan Wedding & Portrait Photographer

a couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of meeting with Carlie and Rory. these two are getting married in September. and I am SO excited to be able to be a part of their day :) snow had conveniently (or maybe in-conveniently) had fallen leaving a fresh blanket of white. and a swift wind had moved in making it a little chilly outside. ok. so it was a lot chilly outside. but, after spending some time outside we were able to go inside and warm up at Route 43, the local Harley shop and Paradigm, a local coffee shop.
Carlie & Rory met in college. they both lived on the same side of campus, had the same group of friends, ate at the same lunch and dinner tables, and both have a love for motorcycles. they also love adventure and good conversation. although these two didn't think they were cute until I told them...I'm pretty sure they are one of the cutest couples I have photographed :) they are so fun and willing to try anything that I asked. it was so much fun to spend a couple hours getting to know both of them! 
we started out the day outside....
in the freezing cold. no really, it. was. cold.
but, no matter how cold it was Carlie and Rory were super trooppers.
I love the dipping photo above. when I asked them if they wanted to do a dip photo Rory said "we haven't really practiced it much, but we'll give it a shot." I hate to say this guys...but it looks like your naturals to me! next we ventured around some nearby apartment buildings.
on their "all about us" questionnaire Carlie wrote down "Rory thinks we do better things together than we do apart" I couldn't agree more...no matter what you two think...you are stinkin' cute together!
this ring shot is one of my favorites...so much emotion :)
we found these toys in the lobby of the apartment building. we snuck inside to warm up a little and get some ring detail shots.
in the little alcove in the front office it was warm enough to take off our coats and warm up a bit
then it was time to head back outside. it was great to not have to give much instruction to these two as to what to do during the shoot. after heading outside they saw the red pillars and hopped up!

this is another one of my favorite shots....

after being out in the cold we decided to head on over to Route 43, the local Harley dealer. it was one of those "do you think they will let us in with a camera to take photos" "I dunno...the worst they will say is no" kind of situations. lucky for us we were able to take as many photos as we wanted. they we also willing to let us take whatever bike we wanted outside! we ended up not taking any outside because it was pretty cold and being inside meant being warm and not bundled in jackets :) 

 the yellow bike was totally my favorite :)
 



after Route 43 we headed over to Paradigm, a local coffee shop in Sheboygan. Paradigm is such a fun place. it has some awesome windows that have fabulous lighting for one. two, the shop is big into supporting local artists in the area. so there is always art and live music. and the decor. love it. Paradigm is big into being green. so, they are huge supporters of bicycles. and, they have a bunch of bicycles all over the shop. they were kind enough to let us use some of these as props :) 

the photo above...yea....I just love it.
I also love a bride who loves her ring :) so fun to do so many different ring shots!
oooooh Paradigm...thank you, thank you, thank you for having doors. everywhere. :) seriously...the doors add such a unique feeling to the photos.
and one last photo...enjoying some coffee together


Carlie & Rory, thank you SO much for letting me be a part of your plans :) I am so excited to be part of your wedding this fall! I hope you love your photos as much as I do!

xoxo
Maggie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails