Friday, March 11, 2011

Foto Friday & Afternoon Ramblings | Sheboygan Wedding & Portrait Photographer

the end of another week. 
this week felt slow and fast all at once.
I'm not sure how that works.
let's take this morning for example...
my alarm rings at 432 am
yes. 432. am. 
it rings then so that I know I have at least 2 snoozes :)
when I do get up, Tucker goes outside.
and I put in contacts, brush my hair, and my teeth. 
in that order. 
always.
well, during the week anyway.
then I grab my lunch and let Tucker in.
and feed him a carrot. 
because good doggie mommies give their puppies healthy snacks. 
then I get dressed.
by this time its about 525...depending on the amount of dawdling I do. 
yes, I am up, dressed, and out the door in about 35 minutes. 
I give Mike a kiss goodbye and I am out the door and driving to work.
and I yawn. a bunch. because...its early and I want nothing more than to crawl back into dreamland for another  hour.
but this morning...although I followed that very same schedule of events...something was different.
not the dog, or contacts, or hair, or teeth, or lunch, or leaving. 
the sky. it was glowing. glowing because the sun was coming up :)
this, dear friends, is one of my FAVORITE times of the year. 
its the time of year when getting up at 432 am really isn't so bad because I can watch the sun creep up over the eastern horizon on my way into work. 
I get to drive into the sun light. 
its like I'm leaving winter behind. 
this weekend Daylight Savings Time begins. 
when I was younger I dreaded this because lets face it, who REALLY wants to lose an hour of sleep?! 
but the older I get the more I appreciate this time of year. 
because it means spring, 
and warm weather, 
and flip flops, 
and rainy days,
and green grass, 
and pretty flowers, 
and birds, 
and fresh cut grass and hay,
and the smell of farms (yes...I happen to love the smell of farms:) )
and longer days with more sun, 
and oh-so-in-love brides and grooms.
all of these things that make my job as a photographer so much more fun because I get to have the sun, the grass, the flowers, the oh-so-in-love couples in front of my camera.


spring is also easter time. 
and easter candy time. 
and jelly bean time.
I love starburst jelly beans. 
with the exception of the yellow ones. not so much a fan.:)

xoxo
Maggie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails