Thursday, August 12, 2010

Maggie & DJ | Married

Happy Thursday everyone! It is not too often that photographers get to be guests at weddings. But, Mike and I were very happy to attend Maggie & DJ's wedding on July 31st. You may remember me posting some of the engagement photos that I took for Maggie & DJ back in October. Mike and I traveled up to Stillwater, MN on Friday morning. On the way up to Stillwater we stopped and had some lunch with my Grandma in Osseo at the Norske Nook. There food is delicious. The pie, is no doubt, AMAZING. If you ever get a chance...go there. You won't be disappointed. After we got back on the road, we stopped in River Falls so that I could visit with some of the people that I used to work with. The last time I saw them was at Deb's funeral :( It is different going there and knowing that Deb won't be there. It makes me sad that she isn't there but I am very happy that she isn't suffering any more. So, after I was done visiting we finally made it up to Stillwater and to our hotel. Which...by the way...our lovely gps travel companion took us to the WRONG ADDRESS. grrrr. technology. But, never-the-less, we made it to the hotel. Later that night our friends (Christin and Brandon), who were also attending the wedding with us, got to the hotel. 

 
So we went to get some food to eat in downtown Stillwater. I absolutely LOVE downtown Stillwater. It is so cute and art-sy and FULL OF ANTIQUES!! AHHH! I want to pick that town up and move it closer to Waldo :D. So, anyway, we went to this adorable french inspired restaurant called Reve 324. We were able to eat outside and people watch and enjoy some good conversation. It really reminded me of being in Spain. And then proceeded to make me miss Spain :) Unfortunately I did not grab my camera before we went to eat. BUT...Maggie & DJ's reception was on the roof top of the Library in Stillwater so all night you could look out over the city. 

Ok, so now on to Saturday. The wedding was held at the First Baptist Church in Hudson, WI. It is such a cute little white church :) and the inside was beautiful as well.




And of course Maggie was gorgeous in her dress :) ...



After the ceremony was over we headed to the Library. Oooohhh...it was soooo pretty, all of the details were amazing.



While we were waiting for dinner we took the opportunity to take some couples photos :D although it was suuuupppeerrr bright out. So we are all squinting. 
Christin & Brandon


Heather & Branden



Mike & I
After dinner, which was a taco bar :D, Maggie & DJ chatted with guests, cut the cake, had their first dance as husband and wife, and then danced the night away!


Of course we had to snap some photos with the lovely bride :)


L to R - Christin, Heather, Maggie & Maggie (me!)


It was such a beautiful day! Couldn't have asked for better weather and the company was equally as great! Congratulations Maggie & DJ!!! 

xoxo Maggie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails