Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sketchbook Project | Personal | Sheboygan Photographer

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I signed up for the Sketchbook Project that is put on by the Art House Coop. I recently finished the book I was reading (Angels & Demons by Dan Brown...pretty good read by the way) so I decided to get crackin' on my book. At first I was stumped at what to draw because let's face it...I am no genius when it comes to drawing. But then I remembered that last winter, while I was bored on my lunch break at work I started drawing these:


sketches. doodles. drawings. mis-shaped thingys. and whatever else really was going through my brain. 

SO...since this project lets you do basically whatever you want I decided that I was going to use these because really...they aren't doing me any good sitting in my desk drawer at work. Plus my "theme" is called "I'm a scavenger" so I think this is a good start on my representation of it. I am excited to say that I have about 5 pages done in the book. Now, I know you are all thinking, "5 pages?!!? That's it?!?!" well, let me tell you...it takes a while to doodle. And really, its a process. So one page can take a day. Ok, well let me clarify that a little better because I don't get paid to doodle...so really one drawing takes most of my 30 minute lunch and some more time at home. So as I scarf down my lunch I doodle :) it really is a fun time passser...especially when this happens:


ta-da! I saw this little dude on someone's facebook profile picture the night before I drew him and this is how my rendition came out. gotta love pirate ninja penguins!

I also am borrowing a guitar. Yes, that is right a GUITAR! :D:D:D:D love it. I am teaching myself (slowly) how to play it. some day maybe I will be a rockstar! ok, maybe not. but I can still play songs on the guitar and pretend, right?!? 


I am really excited to learn more...I really love to sound of an acoustic guitar. :D

Anyway...that is all the updates I have for now :) coming up soon I will post some photos from another wedding that I second shot at! Stay tuned!!

xoxo Maggie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails